Friday, June 27, 2008

Email #8 Chemo

I just uploaded my Bonnaroo pictures, and I thought you might enjoy a photo of the lengths we had to go to to protect my mastectomy incisions from the seatbelt. Truth be told, the car travel to and from Bonnaroo was more painful than just about anything else I did at Bonnaroo. That's three pillows (and the ubiquitous Starbucks cup).Anyway, just a quick update today...

Fun Fact of the Day: Did you know that the US Conference of Mayors recently recognized Louisville as America's "most livable" large city? Totally deserved. Except in mid-February when it's &%$&^ cold and %&&$#!! grey and &%$%!! gloomy...

Anyway, chemo starts on July 3, and I'm getting my chemo port placed on July 1. (yes, Megan and Jana, I finally decided that I should get a port... I'm still VERY, VERY uncool with the idea of one more foreign object in my body, but I'm trying to tap into my inner science fiction fan to try to reimagine it as a "neat thing.")

I've been told that chemo means one crappy week followed by two good weeks, so I am going to try to do some traveling during those two "good weeks" this summer. I'd like to hit NOLA and New England, at least, so those of you in those locales, please drop me a note and let me know any BAD dates to visit in July and August.

And yesterday had a full FOOT of hair cut off... I should have done it a long damned time ago. It's pretty cute!

love to you all,
xoMRC

No comments: