Thursday, June 26, 2008

Email #5 Brief Note June 10

Big day today-- those of you who told me that getting my surgical drains removed would "change my life" were SO RIGHT. Today has been the very, very best day since my surgery. After the 5 seconds of peel-me-off-the-ceiling pain of having my drains removed, I've been soaring. I feel like I could dance the lambada (not really, but compared to the way I felt with my drains IN... seriously).

And tomorrow is the next and last Big News day for a while. Tomorrow I meet with the oncologist to find out what he thinks about chemo. I'll drop you a note to let you know how it goes. Ma's heading home tomorrow, and by next week my time is finally my own and I will start getting back to y'all on an individual basis. Between my sheer exhaustion and the constant company, I've found it impossible to establish anything resembling a routine.

But again, thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all the love and support. Continue with the crossed fingers.

Lots of love,MRC

No comments: